Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to delete documents and data off my 5c

i keep getting the message warning Storage almost full. i see that it's documents and data that have the most GB on there. i've looked on the support community here for answers but the latest ones are from 2013 and suggest doing a complete restore of my phone. surely there must be some other solution to this, now, in 2015?

thanks in advance

Posted on Jun 18, 2015 9:36 AM

1 reply

Jun 20, 2015 10:01 AM in response to firegirl

Greetings firegirl,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you are receiving a message that your iCloud storage is almost full and you would like to delete some documents to free up space. To do this, use the instruction given in the attached article to navigate to your documents. The article also explains other ways of freeing up space on your iCloud account as well.

Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
    • If you're using iOS 8 or later, tap Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage.
    • If you're using an earlier version of iOS, tap Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup.
  • On your Mac, go to Apple menu > System Preferences, click iCloud, then click Manage.
  • On your PC, open iCloud for Windows, then click Manage.

Before you delete anything, you might want to archive or make copies of your iCloud data.

If using your iPhone, once you navigate to the documents in iCloud that you would like to delete, you can swipe to delete them.

Cheers,

Joe

how to delete documents and data off my 5c

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.