Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar is converting recently added events back to blank new events... please help!

when i make an event in the calendar.. the standard mac calendar... after I finish making the event a couple seconds later it turns into a new event with all the information missing. It is becoming a huge problem. What other information would be helpful to know to help me? Early 2014 macbook air OS X 10.9.5 I have not done the new updates to the macbook because the business software I purchased this last year will not working with the new os for macbook air! I hope this is a simple problem because I love the calendar!

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jun 18, 2015 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2015 11:37 AM

If this is an iCloud calendar, see below.

Please sign out of iCloud in its preference pane, then sign back in. No data will be removed from the servers. That said, you should always have a current archiveof the data for safety's sake, even if you don't sign out.

If you use iCloud Keychain, when you sign back in to iCloud follow one of the procedures described in this support article to set it up on an additional device.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2015 11:37 AM in response to cutshall

If this is an iCloud calendar, see below.

Please sign out of iCloud in its preference pane, then sign back in. No data will be removed from the servers. That said, you should always have a current archiveof the data for safety's sake, even if you don't sign out.

If you use iCloud Keychain, when you sign back in to iCloud follow one of the procedures described in this support article to set it up on an additional device.

Sep 24, 2015 12:38 PM in response to hannahb2015

I have posted this issue on another Apple forum. My calendar is on iCloud but I access it via my Mac. So logging in and out is not an issue. Also this is NOT an iOS problem. I do not have this issue when I put new events in my iPhone. This is ONLY a laptop issue and happens to others that are adding events to our shared calendar. Just to be clear, what I am doing now as a work around is adding a new event without any data. It then says

"new event". Then I open it up, select edit then add the data and it stays. If I just create a new event and add data and then add it that is when the data disappears.

Calendar is converting recently added events back to blank new events... please help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.