Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mail doubles ny photo attachment size in mail app

Hello~If I attach photos to send in email on my iPad3 using I OS8 and select the 'actual size' option......instead of, say 12 mb, will say 24mb..........similarly if I select a dumbed down version of the photo, say 124 Kb......it will say 248 kb......even though I think when it gets sent it sends the smaller of the 2 . Why is it reading the photos as being twice the size as they actually are?

Thank you anyone who can explain this to me. It just started happening the other day.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 18, 2015 12:05 PM

2 replies

Jul 3, 2015 9:58 AM in response to A_J_Ring

Hahaha……well…at least I am not alone and that in itself feels good. No…I cannot figure it out, did some searches to no avail…I am confident that the photos are being sent in the size I want….even though the iPad is telling me otherwise. As I get older I am trying to let go of my need to be a perfectionist and have everything be as I think it should…and expect…it to be. So…I am letting this go….One thing I did learn along the way though, that makes life a little easier is…since the iPad will only allow 5 photos from the Pictures app to be sent in email at a time…there is another way to send more than just 5….You select all the photos you want to send (I am sure there is ultimately a limit but haven't encountered that yet)…and in the Pictures app ….when you select them and then click on the icon that takes you to Mail and other links…you hit 'Copy'…then open your Mail app and paste them into the email you want to send and 'Voila!'…….You can send more than 5 jpgs this way..I suppose if you dumb them down to a small size (you can do this in the email) you could send a lot of them.I prefer sending the original size to myself, to my Desktop computer, so I can add the original size to my iPhoto library or other folders on my desktop. I would encourange you to accept the flaw and hope that someone at Apple catches it for the next OS update for your phone and my iPad. If YOU find anything else out about it could you please post or reply back to me? That would be great. Meanwhile…we might just be the only 2 in the universe to have even noticed this….Take care~ Diane

iPad mail doubles ny photo attachment size in mail app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.