Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 12.1.2.27 stops working windows 7 Enterprise

I keep getting following error message (it's in two parts because the error message window will not expand). I am on Windows 7 SP1. This error occurs anytime I do something that triggers an internet connection such as go to iTunes store, try to update apps. It also occurs when I sync to my iPhone 6. It stops working when I get to the sync apps or files (step 6 or 7). iTunes will work and keep working if I do not connect to the internet. I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes several times following the instructions about the order of uninstalling and that did not help. Thanks for any help you can give me.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Jun 18, 2015 12:47 PM

3 replies

Jun 20, 2015 12:27 PM in response to sebastianapple

Hello there, sebastianapple.

Great job on troubleshooting the issue of iTunes unexpectedly quitting when accessing the Store on your own. There are a few additional, in-depth recommendations in the following Knowledge Base article:

Fix unexpected quits or launch issues in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Start iTunes in Safe Mode

When you open iTunes in Safe Mode, you isolate the program from any interference caused by plug-ins or scripts not manufactured by Apple. To start iTunes in safe mode, hold down the Shift and Control keys on your keyboard while you open iTunes.

You'll see a message as iTunes is starting that says "iTunes is running in Safe Mode. Visual plug-ins you have installed have been temporarily disabled."

If the issue doesn't happen in Safe Mode, remove any third-party plug-ins.

Disconnect your computer from the Internet

Errors communicating with the iTunes Store and other Apple services can sometimes cause issues with iTunes startup. If you remove the ability to connect to those services, you can see if those features have issues that need to be resolved.

1. Disconnect your computer from the Internet. For example, turn-off WiFi or unplug your ethernet cord.
  2. Open iTunes.

If iTunes opens with no issues, update your drivers. If there's still an issue, contact Apple Support for help with isolating any errors.

If there's still an issue, continue below.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards,

Pedro.

Jun 20, 2015 2:49 PM in response to sebastianapple

Hello again, sebastianapple.

Thanks for responding with an update on what results were yielded after working through those steps. In relation to the specific driver(s) that would need to be updated, I can't speak to specifics. The article mentions this:

Microsoft or your computer's manufacturer may have released updated software. Check to see if there are updates to Windows. Check your computer manufacturer's website for updates, particularly for updates to the CD or DVD drive, graphics card, sound card.

You may need to go to the company that made the component if an update isn't included in Windows or from the computer manufacturer. In this case, the first thing you need to do is find out which company made the component. If you aren't sure whether your Windows-compatible PC or its hardware are update to date, contact your computer manufacture or a local PC computer repair shop.

Being that drivers can come from Microsoft, software and hardware manufacturers, the latest versions can come from a variety sources and will be specific to your system.

Additionally, this article provides a few more Windows related recommendations for help connecting to the iTunes store, which may also be related to why your iTunes quits unexpectedly:

Can't connect to the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Windows

If you haven't been able to connect to the iTunes Store for more than a day, a software or Internet service provider (ISP) configuration issue might be blocking your access. Find out which ports and servers need to be allowed for iTunes Store access, then try the steps below.

If there's still an issue after you try the steps above, contact your Internet service provider and confirm that these ports and servers are turned on for your network.

The hosts file might also be the cause of the issue. Learn how to reset the hosts file back to default and how to use a FixIt to have Windows reset the hosts defaults for you.
Some workplaces might put internal resources in the hosts file that block the iTunes Store. The FixIt doesn't work for Windows 8.

To create a copy of your hosts file and replace it with an empty hosts file, follow the steps below:

1. Navigate to the hosts file at
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC
  2. Select the hosts file. There should be a duplicate of the hosts file named "Copy of hosts" (Windows XP) or "hosts-copy" (Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8).
  3. Drag the original hosts file to your desktop.
  4. Right-click the duplicate file and choose Open. If you're prompted to choose the program you want to use to open the file, double-click Notepad.
  5. When Notepad opens, choose Edit > Select All.
  6. Choose Edit > Delete.
  7. Choose File > Save.
  8. Close Notepad.
  9. Right-click the duplicate file, and choose Rename from the pop-up menu.
  10. Type
    hosts
    , and then press Enter.
  11. Restart your computer.
  12. Try to connect to the iTunes Store.

If you still can't connect to the iTunes Store, your security software or firewall might be blocking the ability of iTunes to communicate with the Internet. Learn how to resolve security software issues.

Hope this provides a bit more clarification to your question.

Cheers,

Pedro.

itunes 12.1.2.27 stops working windows 7 Enterprise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.