Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store Won't Load

I am running Yosemite 10.10.2 on my macbook pro retina and everything is working normally except my app store. After opening it, the popup for the program opens but nothing substantive is shown, just the framework (tabs at the top for featured, top charts, updates, search bar). Nothing happens when I click or search anything except the loading animation next to front and back page.

Thanks for the help in advance.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Jun 18, 2015 12:38 PM

9 replies

Jun 18, 2015 8:42 PM in response to qali3

Test after taking each of the following steps that you haven't already tried. Stop when the problem is resolved. Back up all data before making any changes.

Sometimes the cause of the problem may be an outage in Apple's network, in which case none of the steps below will have any effect. You just have to wait for the outage to be fixed. That should rarely, if ever, take more than a few hours.

Step 1

Sign in to the App Store by selecting Sign In from the Store menu. If you're already signed in, sign out and then sign in again.

Step 2

Log out or restart the computer.

Step 3

Remove or disable "LittleSnitch" or any similar third-party software that blocks outgoing network connections according to the developer's instructions.

Step 4

Start up in safe mode and log in to the account with the problem.

Note: If FileVault is enabled in OS X 10.9 or earlier, or if a firmware password is set, or if the startup volume is a software RAID, you can’t do this. Ask for further instructions.

Safe mode is much slower to start up and run than normal, with limited graphics performance, and some things won’t work at all, including sound output and Wi-Fi on certain models. The next normal startup may also be somewhat slow.

The login screen appears even if you usually login automatically. You must know your login password in order to log in. If you’ve forgotten the password, you will need to reset it before you begin.

After testing, restart as usual (not in safe mode.)

Step 5

If possible, connect to a different network and test.

Step 6

There are reports that resetting the PRAM may solve the problem in some cases. I can't confirm.

Jun 28, 2015 3:46 AM in response to qali3

Hi qali3,

I was having problems with App Store in OS 10.10.2 on my Mac Mini (Mid 2011 model) the past couple of days. It would list available updates but wouldn't install any of them despite being logged in to my iCloud account.

Using the stand alone 10.10.3 update installer, which a couple of other users here suggested, fixed my problem.

To note, there were a few minor issues as I tried to install the update:

1. The installer hanged on the first attempt
  2. On the second attempt, when restarting to complete the installation, my machine hanged (spinning pinwheel cursor on a black background). I held the power button down to turn it off completely, started up again, logged in and ran the installer again. It completed the update on the third attempt. Since installing the 10.10.3 update, App Store works normally again.

App Store Won't Load

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.