Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can you get scammed on messager on FaceBook. A person asked to be friends and even had some of my friends names. How do I check my Apple MacBook Pro for anything this person may have left. I checked my programs, and ran a adware scan. What would be n

This AM I was on FB and a woman wanted to be friends. It showed that she was friends with people I know. I send back a yes and just about that fast she was on messaged with me. She claimed to work for FB and that it was my lucky day. Bells started going off in my head. Anyway she said I won $650,000 dollars from FB. I pushed for a number to call and she realized I was on her. All of a sudden all she wrote was gone. She terminated all she had written. Now I ran a Adware check and checked all my programs and found nothing. What other checks do I need to preform to see if I was left a nasty little surprise later?

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 18, 2015 5:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2015 7:53 AM

Since she didn't have direct access to your computer (based on what you posted), you should be fine. If you had allowed her to download a program to your computer, then you could have something to worry about.

3 replies

can you get scammed on messager on FaceBook. A person asked to be friends and even had some of my friends names. How do I check my Apple MacBook Pro for anything this person may have left. I checked my programs, and ran a adware scan. What would be n

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.