Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to adjust the date on multiple pictures in Photos App on Mac?

I've been cleaning up my photo library in the new Photos App on Mac and have noticed quite a few pictures that the dates are incorrect, due to scanning them in, etc... I can adjust the date and times on an individual photo, but can't seem to figure out how to do multiple or selected albums.

Thanks for any help:-)

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 18, 2015 3:23 PM

15 replies

Jun 16, 2017 9:58 PM in response to fredfromorange

Well, first of all, these are answers by fellow users, not Apple. Secondly, they are not "just wrong". They may not work for every photo in every situation, but when people have provided specific information as to what their particular problem is, the people helping have addressed those particular problems. So, there are several answers, not just one "pat answer".

If you provide specifics, the Photos experts who participate on this forum, may be able to provide you with a solution that will work in your situation.

GB

Jun 16, 2017 11:05 PM in response to fredfromorange

fredfromorange wrote:

Fair enough but when you back off and look at the bigger picture with all the constant complaints; Photos has a problem with changing date and time

Not really. There are not "constant complaints" and if the application had a general problem with being able to change the date and time, then there would be a lot more posts and threads about it. I have not encountered any issues with doing batch date/time changes in photos. I only had to do it a couple of times to change the date/time for my Nikon camera photos, but I had no issues when I did do it.

Again, you have a specific set of issues, and those can be addressed. The general process does not have a global issue.

GB

May 17, 2016 11:53 PM in response to LarryHN

Thanks, LarryHN. That may generally be true, but in my case it's still greyed out, even after making the selection. As far as I can tell, this occurs when I make the selection in a subset of the overall library that I have created via a search. If I go to the library directly and select photos, it works as you describe. If instead I first search for the photos that contain a particular string in their title/name and then select a subset of that search result, the "change date and time" option is greyed out. There seems to be a workaround by creating a new album populated by the result of the search and then working via the album rather than directly with the search result. However, this then apparently leads to slight bugs in the way the photos are sorted in the main library: the adjusted photos now show the new/correct time and date, but they are still not displayed in chronological order--i.e. they show up where their old time stamp dictates DESPITE showing the new/correct time when the "info" record is displayed...

Any further thoughts/suggestions? Thanks

May 18, 2016 6:52 AM in response to gruberg

NOt sure what is going on - I can do a search and select photos from the result and adjust time/date

What version of the OS and of Photos do you have? You state OS X 10.10.3 which is way out of date - get up to date with OS X 10.11.5 and Photos 1.5 and it should work - when you run old software you have issues that others do not

LN

Is there a way to adjust the date on multiple pictures in Photos App on Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.