Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am an artist with music on apple music streaming. I cannot log in to connect with my apple id.

I am an artist with music on Apple iTunes and Apple music streaming. I can't log in to my account using my apple id to manage my artist profile. I get a message "your apple id is not enabled for iTunes connect". I have checked my id and it is registered with apple. How can I enable my id?

Posted on Jun 18, 2015 5:11 PM

30 replies

Aug 19, 2017 5:39 PM in response to darrylwezy

Hello Darryl,

I'm also having the SAME EXACT problems...only I never got my approval email... I happened to notice I suddenly have access to an "admin" tab and access to post content via Connect... However, like yourself, I too cannot change the appearance of my profile... really frustrating. Is there STILL no solid answer or fix to this after almost 2 years of your original post?

Jun 22, 2015 1:02 PM in response to brenden dv

Sorry Brenden;

This didn't help at all. I don't have a clue what to do. None of this info on the links you gave seemed to apply to me. My album is on iTunes and the new Apple Music streaming service. cdBaby.com recommended I log on to iTunes connect to manage my artist profile. I went to iTunes and established an Apple id as directed. Then tried to log in to iTunes and I get that message everyone else seems to be getting "your apple id is not enabled for iTunes". Hope someone else has had the same experience so they can tell me exactly what to do. Thanks

Jul 1, 2015 3:04 PM in response to thepianomanontario

all the suggestions here are for App Developers and IBook sellers...

to follow the same process as a musician the criteria Apple says we need to have is 10 or 20 albums in the iTunes store, basically this criteria is for Music Distributers or large Record Labels to be able to place music for sale in iTunes.

What many musicians want is just to update their "Connect" page for their bands. We already use music distributers to place our music for sale on iTunes.

where we are stuck is we have applied to manage our bands on "connect" - we've been approved and now we can't login to the connect app and when we login to the website we can login but the website has ZERO features or tools to actually update our "connect" page or even post to it.

The only way I can post to my connect page is via the iPhone Music app. Someone clearly didn't think this through properly!

musicians haven't set up a "connect" account in the same way as App Developers... or iBook sellers etc.

why is it that we musicians are dumped on this without proper guidance or perhaps the infrastructure for musicians hasn't been properly set up?

if I have been approved to manage my band on the "connect" feature of iTunes Connect and I can login and post updates to my band's "connect" page why oh why can't I login to the connect app?

and why when I login via safari browser there is no way to update my band's "connect" page?

Obviously some bands have been able to do this as they have the large photo at the top of their "Connect" page.

any tips or advice?

Jul 1, 2015 3:39 PM in response to Note To Self: Don't Die!

I got my music placed on iTunes by cd Baby. They promote that you should go to connect to manage your profile. I emailed cd Baby for assistance to get logged in when I couldn't do it. They gave me a short apology that they have no control over Apple and I should go to apple tech assistance. This proved impossible as all they give you are more links that are useless. As you say, some artists seem to be able to accomplish the logging in and management. Maybe these artists could be of assistance? cd Baby should stop promoting an app that does not work.

pianoman

Jul 1, 2015 4:30 PM in response to thepianomanontario

https://www.apple.com/itunes/working-itunes/connect/

once approved to manage your band's page you will be able to post updates via the iPhone music app but that is all... you have no way to update your page with the banner photo or artwork for some strange reason.

hopefully someone at apple will pull their finger out soon...

Jul 2, 2015 2:22 AM in response to thepianomanontario

dude, you need an apple iCloud email address or iTunes account, use that to login and request to be the account holder for your band on iTunes.

also, do not sign up to "put your music on iTunes" as you aren't a label or distributor... you want to scroll further down and request access to connect.

you music should already be on iTunes, you click to select your band to request to manage it and then submit the form

this will give you access to your band but you can't modify the page

use the music app on your iPhone to post updates to your band page.

for now.

https://artist.itunes.apple.com/p/artistconnect/

Jul 3, 2015 12:45 PM in response to Note To Self: Don't Die!

I went to iTunes and established a new account. Downloaded iTunes. Then tried to log in to iTunes connect and still just keep getting the same message: "your apple i.d. is not enabled for iTunes connect". I'm beginning to think this is just a big hoax from apple. Why does it have to be so hard for artists?

pianoman

Jul 4, 2015 7:54 PM in response to thepianomanontario

As noted a little obscurely below, right now, you can't actually manage your band from the desktop iTunes (or iTunes Connect, which merely shows who is currently authorized in your band to post etc. )

THAT'S RIGHT - YOU HAVE TO USE THE NEW iOS MUSIC APP!

I got approved today, so I thought I'd test it out - it's indeed pretty obscure , but int h iOs Music app, you can manage your band, add comments to tracks and albums and maybe more that I haven't discovered working with this new undocumented music immigrant.

If you signed up your band and don't have an iDevice, you'll have to wait until Apple brings the desktop Music app (iTunes that is) up to date.

Jul 5, 2015 3:00 PM in response to Henry Lowengard

Interestingly, I can post to my artist connect page from my iPhone 6, but not from my iPad Mini (1st gen mini). On my phone, on the connect page, I get the tool to author content - which seems to be limited to adding a photo or song or video and a comment. Not anything like what they showed the Foo Fighters have. I could not find any place to edit comments to tracks, etc. Can you help by telling me exactly where in the interface to look?

Thanks,

Bob Martin

Jul 5, 2015 5:10 PM in response to thepianomanontario

Have you gone here, yet, to request management of your Artist account?

https://artist.itunes.apple.com/p/artistconnect/request?at=10l6Xd&ct=ibr5epxq9r0 023dg02ei5

If not, here are step by step instructions.

http://9to5mac.com/2015/06/09/how-to-get-music-on-apple-music-artist-page/

And once you do, here is a detailed post about what limited options you really have with CONNECT:

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2015/07/heres-apple-music-looks-like-artists/

Hope all this helps.

Bob

I am an artist with music on apple music streaming. I cannot log in to connect with my apple id.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.