Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flash player update before accessing Facebook

Hi there,

My computer is having trouble accessing Facebook or really any website because it keeps redirecting me to a flash player update thing that I have read is some sort of virus. I have checked my extensions but there are none there. Anybody know how I can get this removed?

Posted on Jun 18, 2015 9:42 PM

4 replies

Jun 18, 2015 9:48 PM in response to owaindavs

Redirects can be caused by malware but there is help.

If you have a backup browser installed, download and run the AdMedic adware / malware removal tool here > AdwareMedic

Easy and only takes a minute or two.

If you would rather not download the utility, you can remove the malware manually.

Instructions here > Remove unwanted adware that displays pop-up ads and graphics on your Mac - Apple Support

Jun 19, 2015 9:59 AM in response to owaindavs

A genuine alert that Flash is outdated and blocked is shown on this page. Follow the instructions on the page in that case. Otherwise, the alert is not trustworthy and someone may be trying to scam you into installing malware. If you see fake update prompts on more than one website, or if you've already followed one of the fake prompts, ask for instructions.

Flash player update before accessing Facebook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.