Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MAC PRO, two LCD and resolutions 1920x2160

Hi,

I have quite difficult problem with connection two FULLHD monitors with MAC PRO with Yosemite 10.10.3 (ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024MB). I need connect two FULLHD monitors into one big desktop - resolutions 1920x2160 (1920x1080 + 1920x1080), like video wall. Anybody know how to do it? I need it because of touch foil, which operate just on primary LCD monitor.

Thank you for your comments,

Libor

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 19, 2015 1:34 AM

9 replies

Jun 19, 2015 2:08 AM in response to Liboee15

The Apple version of the ATI Radeon 5870 has two Mini Displayport connectors and a DVI connector. You could connect a 1920x1080 screen to each of the two Mini Displayport connectors. The Mac and this card will let you use both at the same time.

The two screens can be configured either in 'mirroring mode' where the same image is displayed on both - which is not what you want, or can be configured in the opposite to mirroring which is called 'spanning mode' which means that they are combined in to one larger virtual monitor.

You use the Displays System Preference pane to setup how they are positioned (virtually) e.g. one on top of the other, or side by side.

If you position them as if they are one on top of the other this would give you the equivalent of a 1920 wide by 2160 tall screen. If you position them side by side this would give you the equivalent of a 3840 wide by 1080 tall screen.

Jun 21, 2015 7:48 AM in response to Liboee15

Then the feature is working the way the Mac designers intended.

If you have the correct Macintosh-specific version of the touch foil, then your additional questions should be directed to the makers of the touch foil.

From taking a look at their web site, I do not understand how you could use one touch foil to span two displays. Perhaps they can help.

MAC PRO, two LCD and resolutions 1920x2160

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.