Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Macbook - can it run MS Office for Mac?

Has anyone experienced the performance of running MS Office for Mac on the new MacBook? I've read that this MacBook is like a cross between an iPad and a MacBook Air. I'm abit concerned that the new MacBook isn't designed for business use, which is what I'll be buying it for - mainly running Outlook, Word and Excel. Would be grateful to hear from anyone who has used this hardware software combination.

Many thanks!

Posted on Jun 19, 2015 4:14 AM

3 replies

Jun 29, 2015 1:48 PM in response to wf_lt

I have a new MacBook and I also have a Retina iMac that has the latest MS Office for Mac installed. I haven't yet installed Office on the MacBook but I know that it will install and work just as well there as it does on any other current Mac desktop or laptop computer.

Someone describing the MacBook as a "cross between an iPad and a MacBook Air" is really giving the wrong impression. The processor of the MacBook is a different model Intel processor than the other laptops, and it's a slightly slower speed processor in order to operate without a fan and in the limited space of the MacBook. That's one of the reasons I purchased the MacBook - it has no moving parts whatsoever since the storage and memory is all solid state.

Where it IS similar to an iPad is in size - it is hardly much larger than an iPad Air. If you have an Apple store convenient to where you're located, I really recommend that you take a look at it. The size difference is really something to see.

New Macbook - can it run MS Office for Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.