Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't open the iphoto Webjournal-links.

Can't open the iphoto web journal links! About three weeks ago that was still possible. So, I have no way to view my 40 web journals that i have created. I'm very disappointed!!!

Posted on Jun 19, 2015 1:37 AM

3 replies

Jun 19, 2015 2:38 AM in response to birbat

That is the second report about this that I am seeing here. Re: Links to journals have recently ceased to open. What is going on? Bad, bad.

It may be again a problem wit expired certificates on Apple's servers, like last year.

For example: Re: Photo Gallery not showing photos in computer Web browser

Use the feedback form to file a bug report, so Apple will be aware of the problem. Use this link: Apple - Photos - Feedback

Jun 24, 2015 3:09 AM in response to léonie

I called Apple support and found out, after research from the techs, they are no longer supporting web journals, therefore all layouts, captions, and cropping CANNOT be transferred or saved to the new Photos. Only un-cropped pictures will transfer to the new program into albums. Not only that, all past links shared through Facebook or email to friends and family no longer work. All that creative work is lost! This is the second time Apple has pulled the rug out from photo sharing, “Gallery” and now “Web Journals” I cannot find a reason to publish or share anything using the new “Phptos” program, as the trust is broken. I am looking into Smugmug now.

Jun 24, 2015 3:52 AM in response to Dpogo1

Well, it is clear that iOS 8 and Photos does not support web journals, so there is no way to maintain them on iOS8. But my old web journals created in iPhoto did work until recently, and iPhoto could create and modify Web Journals on devices that luckily did not have been updated to iOS8.

If Apple does no longer provide the web service for Journals published to iCloud it should be announced somewhere. That is bad style.

Can't open the iphoto Webjournal-links.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.