Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After this update my Safari started crashing watching videos. ANy idea Apple:))

After updating 10.8.5 my Safari started crashing in seconds. Any idea Apple?:))

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Jun 19, 2015 7:21 AM

6 replies

Jun 19, 2015 8:03 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

I am not getting Crash report. It is freezing and without force loading Safari is not working. I also tried without Flash player, still same issue. Safari is only working before getting any update.

I have Yosemite on other hard drive but don't like screen quality so need to fix on Mountain Lion. SHortly after updating system Safari freezing and this is new issue for me.

Jun 20, 2015 7:42 AM in response to tekinay1

Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test. Then try Safari/History/Show History and delete all history items. Quit/reopen Safari and test. You can also try try Safari/Reset Safari. The down side is it clears all cookies.Doing this may cause some sites to no longer recognize your computer as one that has visited the web site. Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library./Caches/com.apple.Safari/Caches.db and move it to the trash.

Safari Corruption See post by Linc Davis

After this update my Safari started crashing watching videos. ANy idea Apple:))

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.