Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text in Textbox looks different from main text

Hello Everyone,

When I enter the same text in both my main document and a text box, the text looks different if you compare them. (Using the same font, font size, ..) Please see my attachment.

Is this normal?

Kind Regards,

Jérémy

User uploaded file

On the left: Text in main text

On the right: Same text in text box

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Pages 5.5.3

Posted on Jun 19, 2015 8:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2015 3:09 PM

The body text is parked on a solid white background, and the text uses shades of greens, greys, blues, and browns that make the text look darker. The text in the Text box uses only shades of green, and because the background is transparent — appears less dark than the exact same color applied to the body text. Filling the Text box with a white background does not correct this disparity.

Copying and pasting the body text into the Text box, or copying/pasting the body text style onto the Text box content — neither approach solves this text coloration difference.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2015 3:09 PM in response to Jeremyboy222

The body text is parked on a solid white background, and the text uses shades of greens, greys, blues, and browns that make the text look darker. The text in the Text box uses only shades of green, and because the background is transparent — appears less dark than the exact same color applied to the body text. Filling the Text box with a white background does not correct this disparity.

Copying and pasting the body text into the Text box, or copying/pasting the body text style onto the Text box content — neither approach solves this text coloration difference.

Text in Textbox looks different from main text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.