Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot eject a DVD from my iMac.

I have an iMac, OS 10.9.5, 4GB Memory, 999 GB Storage, with 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.

I am unable to eject a DVD. When I installed it, no icon appeared onb the Desktop. I have tried steps suggested in MacGuides without success.

Can anyone help, please?

Posted on Jun 19, 2015 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2015 7:45 AM

Your Superdrive may be malfunctioning since it appears that it did not recognize/read the DVD - so that may be the reason why you can't eject it. I've had mine replaced twice. I would take it to your nearest Genius Bar (although I've read of some methods where it was removed manually - you can do a search for that here as I don't recall what it was).

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2015 7:45 AM in response to Eddystons

Your Superdrive may be malfunctioning since it appears that it did not recognize/read the DVD - so that may be the reason why you can't eject it. I've had mine replaced twice. I would take it to your nearest Genius Bar (although I've read of some methods where it was removed manually - you can do a search for that here as I don't recall what it was).

I cannot eject a DVD from my iMac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.