Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no AHT available

Nothing happening on my late 13" 2011 MBP when pressing D on startup. The grey Apple screen is just delayed ( no difference between keeping D down as long as the grey screen is not up or keepng it pressed for only a couple of seconds ) and then the Mac just boots up.

No internet call was made by the system, although an ethernet connection exists

Previous OS updates have all been done with CCC and it's tool to copy and keep the hidden restore partition.

But I never called upon the AHT when original Lion was on the drive, so I can't say if it ever was implemented.

Still waiting for Yosemite to kill the WiFi problem that I clearly have on the other machines I administer, 'yil then, my private Mac remains in the hands of proven Mavericks.

Are there any other possibilities to launch a thorough hardware test, with or without Apple's tools ?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), i7 @ 2.7 GHz - 16 GB Ram

Posted on Jun 19, 2015 9:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2015 10:46 AM

Try using OPTION + D for the AHT.

If no success, download the appropriate one from here:

https://github.com/upekkha/AppleHardwareTest

Ciao.

3 replies

Jul 3, 2015 9:47 AM in response to roadswitcher

i downloaded the file for my macbook pro from the site linked above, and it seemed to install just fine. however, pressing and holding "d" still seems to do nothing at startup. it just goes through the regular (but very slow) startup. when i press and hold "option+d", it tries to launch the web based program, but after i select english, it tells me it's the wrong program for my machine. any help/advice is appreciated. do i need to delete/uninstall anything?

MacBookPro7,1 Mac-F222BEC8

no AHT available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.