Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email from apple support/ id will be locked-legit?

Is this a scam?

Your Apple ID will be locked in the next 24 hours because we suspect some fraudulents actions that belong to your account.

Case id : 9000321-128. Login attemt from unkown device.

We recently noticed a pattern of account activity that, in our experience, is usually high risk. It's usually pretty easy to take care of things like this. Most of the time, we just need a little more information about your account.To help us with this and to see what you can and can't do with your account please reset your account by clicking reset my account.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 27 inch, Mid2011, 2.7 Ghz Intel Cor

Posted on Jun 19, 2015 10:44 AM

9 replies

Jun 19, 2015 4:19 PM in response to Ralph Landry1

It looked so official, but apparently you are right it is a scam. the hotlink to reset my account address is htpps://tr.im/loginss!404

The email came from: My apple-ID <yourappleid.en@icloud.com> Had the apple logo even.

Dear Client,

Your Apple ID will be locked in the next 24 hours because we suspect some fraudulents actions that belong to your account.

Case id : 9000321-128. Login attemt from unkown device.

We recently noticed a pattern of account activity that, in our experience, is usually high risk. It's usually pretty easy to take care of things like this. Most of the time, we just need a little more information about your account.To help us with this and to see what you can and can't do with your account please reset your account by clicking reset my account.

To reset your account please enter the link below :

Reset my account

Sincerely,

Apple Support

apple.com/support

Support Resources Express Lane

My Support Profile

Support Telephone Numbers Worldwide

Apple Support Communities

Need more help? Use Express Lane to contact us for personalized and convenient support.

TM and copyright © 2015 Apple Inc. 1 Infinite Loop, MS 96-DM, Cupertino, CA 95014.

All Rights Reserved / Privacy Policy / Apple Support

While trying to copy the address, I accidently clicked the link. Now what do I need to do?

Jun 19, 2015 5:21 PM in response to branch

That is a scam, Apple does not work that way even if you received an email with the Apple logo on it. I agree with Niel, if you did not respond with any personal information you are fine. If you did, you need to take steps to protect that information. If anything like a credit card or card information, contact the credit card issuer and report a compromised card and get a replacement. If any other kind of account information, including Apple ID, change the passwords immediately.

In the US you can get one free credit report a year from each of the three credit bureaus so that is three reports a year.

To request a free credit report: http://www.AnnualCreditReport.com or 1-877-322-8228. The three credit bureaus are - Equinox, Experian, and TransUnion. Their contact information is available at http://www.ftc.gov

Jun 19, 2015 5:32 PM in response to branch

A further tip: the first site you are directed to, htpps://tr.im/loginss!404 is absolutely bogus - Apple does not do business of this nature from the Isle of Man (the .im domain). Anything from Apple that is legitimate will direct you to an Apple.com domain. And most common is to see Apple spelled Appel or some other variation that most users gloss over while reading the directions - the scare tactics are very effective at getting you to ignore or not see the discrepancies. These people are great at psychology.

Aug 30, 2015 1:29 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Just got one myself. I hovered over the "Reset my account" link and got, http://ow.ly/RxH7d as the link address which is attached to a lot of curious places if Googled. Which if legal, I would imagine that it would have an Apple something in there. Although as per another Apple article that talks about phishing and scams, the way they tell you to find out where it came from using header information, on mine, shows it's from Apple as are all the other links on the page. Some homework was done there. It even has the TRUSTe logo.

But one of the first gave-a-ways is the typos in the error line: Case id : 9000321-128. Login attemt from unkown device.

When that happens and it has legitimately, I get an immediate eMail with the correct and proper information on it as to the device and where it was used to login into. Which would happen if you have many Apple devices that you use on these services.

Another eMail off to SPAMCop.

email from apple support/ id will be locked-legit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.