Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I changed my hotmail password and now am unable to send email from iPhone5s. I am receiving email fine. Have changed password in all settings I can find.

WHat do I need to do to send messages from my IPhone 5s via my hotmail account after I changed my hotmail password. I have changed my password on both outlook and hotmail accounts in settings

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Jun 19, 2015 1:03 PM

2 replies

Jun 30, 2015 2:06 AM in response to jsweeney0929

I spent hours trying to figure this out and it turns out it was the "two-step verification" that was causing the problem. Once I disabled that feature through my hotmail account using a web browser, I was able to connect my mail to my iPhone easily.

Follow these steps:

1. sign on to your hotmail account using a web browser at www.hotmail.com

2. click on your name in the top right hand corner and select "Account Settings"

3. click the "Security & Privacy" tab

4. click "More security settings"

5. scroll down to Two-Step Verification and disable it

Now you should be able to sign into your mail account using your regular hotmail password.

*If you have installed an "Identity Verification App" that requires a password (different from your email password), then try using that password to connect your mail account to your iPhone. If you cannot remember it, or are unsure if you have installed a Identity Verification App, then follow steps 1-4 and scroll down to the Identity Verification Apps section and check to see if anything has been installed and disable as needed.

This link has more information:

http://http://www.askvg.com/fix-mail-apps-and-devices-shows-incorrect-password-e rror-after-enabling-2-step-verification-in-microsoft-or-gmail-account/

I changed my hotmail password and now am unable to send email from iPhone5s. I am receiving email fine. Have changed password in all settings I can find.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.