Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes will not start itunes 11.4 iMac-OS X 10.6.8

Hi - Help -

Itunes not starting up. Either clicking on itunes in tray or in Applications - the itunes menu bar appears but no window. It eventually - within a few seconds disappears. Suggestions. When I start imac with device like phone or ipod connected, itunes starts to open, then states login again (something like that) this all started a few weeks ago but haven;t had a chance to investigate

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), itunes

Posted on Jun 19, 2015 5:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2015 5:36 AM

See what happens when you do the following:

1. Try iTunes in a new user account. Is it ok there? If so, it's not the application itself.
  2. Move the iTunes Preferences file(s) to your desktop and try launching again - if it works, then your preferences file(s) are corrupted.
3 replies

Jul 1, 2015 6:36 PM in response to christopher rigby1

thanks - Itunes worked from a different account, Then when I went back to my account it was now working - display is very different however (new version) and had to play with settings, still having some trouble displaying as i would like - cant seem to figure out how to get full musinc listing with all playlists displaying as it used to - for easy drag drop....but it's working at least! 'thanks

Itunes will not start itunes 11.4 iMac-OS X 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.