Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iPhone 6 can't seem to send a photo from my camera roll to my Galaxy user friend. My old iPhone 4 did?t

i just got my new iPhone 6+ and having been trying to send a picture from my camera roll to a friend who uses a Samsung Galaxy 5s. The iPhone 4 I just upgraded from could send pictures to my Galaxy friends but so far I can't with the new one. the picture was taken with the old iPhone.

iPhone 6 Plus

Posted on Jun 19, 2015 9:20 PM

18 replies

Jul 5, 2015 7:53 PM in response to Marinemom248

Had the same problem with a brand new 3 day old iphone 6. Annoying. Checked all my settings especially in messages. Turned off and on various configurations of cellular and wifi. Turned the phone on and off etc. Nothing. Even though I had MMS and SMS and Imessage all turned on correctly it still wasn't working. What I finally tried was to turn the MMS switch off and then on again in Settings>Messages>MMS.

Now it works and sends the text pics to anyone regardless of their phone. I sometimes don't understand why the latest in phones would act so balky when it is brand new, configured correctly and has the latest update. So expensive for this much time wasting. Remember when the slogan for Apple products was "It just works" ?

Jul 7, 2015 5:57 PM in response to bryan.vance

Thanks for that idea Brian. I did bring a back up to my new phone from my old one. However, I don't think that made much difference as I had no problems sending text pics on my old iphone (4s) It seemed to be a problem only with the new phone. It's silly that you have to toggle switches that are turned on correctly but that's what it finally took:)

My new iPhone 6 can't seem to send a photo from my camera roll to my Galaxy user friend. My old iPhone 4 did?t

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.