Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to eliminate the 'click' noise from the "Airways" patch

I am glad to use Apple Mainstage 3 connected to my digital piano (Roland FP7). I use it especially to add synth pads to my music.

The "Airways" sample really is a nice synth pad in Mainstage 3, but mostly comes with a slightly disturbing and echoing 'click' when you play the patch with full hands (incl. bass notes).

Does anybody know how to eliminate that click?

I'm sure it cannot be a hardware performance issue, because I use a brand new MacbookPro with 2,5 GHz CPU, only that 'Airways' patch activated, and all other applications closed.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 20, 2015 8:29 AM

4 replies

Jun 25, 2015 8:50 AM in response to DaCaptain

Hello DaCaptain,

Many thanks for making time to dive into my issue!

I tried your solution, and yes it helps. But the click is not completely gone, unfortunately.

Since you seem to be more experienced in editing a software synthesizer, could you try this for me:

- When in the UI of Sculpture, adjust the slider 'Resolution' (above the circle in the middle) ultimately to the left.

- Then the sound becomes more focussed on the click sound

- With that as a starting point, could you find other settings that can diminish the clicking sound of the patch?

Best regards,

Jarin van Oort

Jun 26, 2015 1:47 AM in response to Jarin van Oort

I played around a bit and found out the following:

- The tape delay adds a bit distortion, which sounds a bit like crackling.

- Oscillator 3 is causing the other clicks. It's in Bounce mode, which means, it simulates a mass, that interacts with the vibrating string you see in the scope. If you use the morph pad (@ 6'o clock on the UI) and drag the morph knob to the upper left, the sound turns into something like a group of ping pong balls dancing on that string.

- You might try switching off oscillator 1 as well, which produces a strike to start the string vibration. Actually, only oscillator 2 is needed for the pad sound, 1 & 3 rushes in, when you use the morph pad.

Best,

DaCaptain

How to eliminate the 'click' noise from the "Airways" patch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.