Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my 40gb gen 3 ipod is stuck on the language screen and wont reset or sync to itunes i justg replaced the battery. but in windows explorer it show 3 letter file in music and will play in itunes please help me get this goin thank you

my 40gb Gen 3 ipod is stuck on the Language screen. I just replaced the battery and charged it. It also wont sync to itunes it doesnt even show the little ipod picture but in Windows Explorer i shows up as a separates drive and shows files in the Music area but not as Titiles only 3 or 4 letters and when clicked on itunes opens and plays the song from my library. I cant Reset my ipod either. the screen after a few minutes will go to gray like its off and the only wat to get it on is toggle the Hold switch and it goes to the Language screen. When I dock it to my laptop vis USB it goes to the circle with a line threw it and says Do Not Disconnect, and i cant reset it or do anything. Please help me get this goin again...Thank You

Windows Vista, 40gb 3rdGeneration, Scroll Wheel

Posted on Jun 20, 2015 5:28 PM

There are no replies.

my 40gb gen 3 ipod is stuck on the language screen and wont reset or sync to itunes i justg replaced the battery. but in windows explorer it show 3 letter file in music and will play in itunes please help me get this goin thank you

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.