Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vertical lines after water damage - iPhone 6

Hello everyone.

About two weeks ago, I dropped my iPhone 6 in a puddle of water. I put it in a bag of rice and let it dry out, and it mostly worked. Right when I turn the phone on from sleep, the screen looks fine, but it slowly disintegrates and shows vertical lines all over the phone. Any idea what the problem could be? Is it water damage or my LCD? Thanks

This is what it looks like right after I wake it.

User uploaded file

This is after about 10 seconds of it being on.

User uploaded file

This is about 30 seconds after being on. It will just stay like this until I put it back in sleep mode.

User uploaded file

Posted on Jun 20, 2015 8:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2015 12:57 AM

the trick of bag of rice works sometime but lets think about it water + electronic parts means corrosion caused by the minerals from the water , the rice absorb the water but doesn't clean the board from the water contents , that cause corrosion in short or long term , the lines you facing now could be because the corrosion causing short on the connectors to the LCD or on the LCD itself , the phone has to be taking apart to be cleaned and hopefully cleaning it won't end it life

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2015 12:57 AM in response to radonn12321

the trick of bag of rice works sometime but lets think about it water + electronic parts means corrosion caused by the minerals from the water , the rice absorb the water but doesn't clean the board from the water contents , that cause corrosion in short or long term , the lines you facing now could be because the corrosion causing short on the connectors to the LCD or on the LCD itself , the phone has to be taking apart to be cleaned and hopefully cleaning it won't end it life

Vertical lines after water damage - iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.