Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite and Canon MP460 printer scanning problems

I just installed Yosemite and my Canon MP460 printer will no longer scan. When I install the OS 10.7 Canon driver, it scans, but hangs up during printing. Any advice?

Posted on Jun 20, 2015 5:34 PM

5 replies

Jun 20, 2015 5:53 PM in response to msjphotography

Unfortunately, there are no v10.10 Yosemite drivers available for your printer here > Canon U.S.A. : Support & Drivers : PIXMA MP460

But there is a workaround for scanning. You can use the pre installed Image Capture app to scan > Mac Basics: Using a scanner

You can contact Canon to see if they are going to write a driver for your printer model > http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/about_canon/contact_us

Jun 20, 2015 8:15 PM in response to msjphotography

If it is Canon's MP Navigator scanning application that is hanging, then I recommend you trash this application located under Applications > Canon Utilities. Then restart the Mac, empty the Trash and install the MP Navigator v3.0.5, which was last released for OS X 10.8 but should install on 10.10. To use MP Navigator you will also need the last version of the MP460 scanner driver.

Note that as neither MP Navigator or the scanner driver are signed for Yosemite, you may be blocked to install by Gatekeeper. To get past Gatekeeper, right-click (or hold down the Control key and click) on the respective installer and select Open from the pop-up menu that appears. Now you will get the option to install the app and driver.

Aug 24, 2015 6:11 PM in response to msjphotography

Hi everybody - I ran into this same problem as I upgraded from my 08 macbook to my 2015 macbook.

The only real workaround to printing seems to be absurd: keep your old laptop. I did, and I connected to my printer via bonjour and my old laptop.

It prints just fine, although I don't have all the other functionalities I'd like.

The really odd bit: my 08 laptop has been upgraded to Yosemite...and yet it still works. Can't really explain that

Yosemite and Canon MP460 printer scanning problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.