Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook causes iphone6 to crash

in the last two weeks when i am using Facebook my iphone6 goes black, Apple logo comes up. The phone reboots to Home screen. This happens when clicking on links to stories on Mashable and Daily Beast. If I go to story after reboot it works. Sometimes to get out of story the X in upper left corner doesn't work. I go back to home screen and then it may work. Both problems are occurring multiple times a day. Diagnostics shows lots of crashes. app Store and iTunes has had issues too. I am running latest version of Facebook.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 20, 2015 7:37 PM

3 replies

Jun 20, 2015 7:44 PM in response to gregfromvegreville

Since you haven't mentioned any troubleshooting, if you haven't done so try a restart > Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If that doesn't help, delete the Facebook app then re download a new copy from the App Store.

If that doesn't help, restore your iPhone to factory settings.

Using iTunes > Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Using iCloud > iCloud: Restore or set up your iOS device from iCloud

Message edited by: CS

Jun 20, 2015 8:16 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

MY bad, I wouldn't have posted here without restarting phone numerous tim s, deleting and reinstalling the app. The phone rrset to factory settings about 6 weeks ago. This is very annoying and inconvenient. I never had to HRd restore an iPhone monthly before. I noticed in my research that this occurred in September on iphone6 plus.

Facebook causes iphone6 to crash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.