Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apperture does not open or support DNG image files from DJI Phantom 3 4K camera, does Apple have a fix

Apperture does not open or support DNG image files from DJI Phantom 3 4K camera, does Apple have a fix, I have tried all kinds of image converters, including Adobes own, Nothing I have tried allows Apperture\ iphoto or the new Photo's in OS X Yosemite. I have installed the latest Apperture Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 6.04 . I still can not view or use these files on my Brand new 5K Retina iMac.

Help if anyone else has this problem or has a fix, How can I get Apple developers to solve this issue. I have read plenty of forums of other people having the same issue with DNG images produced from various different cameras, I have read that DNG is the new latest standard in image file. Useless if My Mac can't open them.

Aperture 3, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Apperture Digital Camera RAW 6.04

Posted on Jun 21, 2015 2:01 AM

8 replies

Jun 28, 2015 4:54 AM in response to Keith Barkley

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your response, Nothing with in apple software will open these files, I am unable to view them with anything on the iMac,

I have purchased numerous 3rd party image converters and viewers from the App store and are still unable to view, open or edit these DNG raw files.

I have had Photomix for editing HDR images, this is the only program that allows me to view, but not edit these dji DNg files from the Phantom 3's FC300x Camera.

I want to be able to view and edit these files on my very expensive 5k 27inch upgraded imac. I spent the extra money getting the 3 terabyte fusion drive and an upgraded graphics card specifically for my phantom 3. Very frustrating that I can not do the basic's with my images that I could with all my other camera's and images in i photo, Apperture and Photomix.

Does anyone else have the same problem or any solutions?

Daryn.

Jun 29, 2015 12:24 AM in response to léonie

Hi Leonie,

Thanks for your question, DJI are manufacturers of the quad copter, I am not sure who manufactured the purpose fitted camera built in to it. The only information about the camera comes up in aperture Image details as Model FC300X. DJI have a DNg cleaner which is available from there website to download, It was done as a fix for the camera fitted to the inspire 1 Quad copter, but it has done nothing to the image files that helps any of the software installed on the Mac.

Sep 11, 2015 5:36 PM in response to Daz-65

Did you ever find a solution? I have a DJI Phantom 3 Professional and I too cannot open the DNG files but I will see if I can open them in Photoshop CS6 like someone suggested. Aside from that, I would like to know more about your very expensive machine. Do you have it set up to edit 4K video and all? Right after I posted this comment, I tried to open a DNG file from the Phantom 3 in Photoshop CS6 and it opened right up!

Apperture does not open or support DNG image files from DJI Phantom 3 4K camera, does Apple have a fix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.