Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting new MacBook - Photos library via TimeMachine?

Hey guys,

I've had a wee accident with my MacBook which ended up bent a bit with cracked screen (just me being me + kids toys on the stairs). I'm getting a new one next week and I'm not sure how to go about the Photos gallery? I've got a 2TB Time Machine router so the backups are being made very often. The question is if I'll get the new MBP will it automatically restore all my photos or should I do something else? I need to send away my laptop on Tuesday to the insurance company so I won't be able to copy anything of HDD afterwards. If it helps I'll be moving from early 2011 to the current MBP.

Cheers!

MacBook Pro, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jun 21, 2015 5:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 21, 2015 5:51 AM

I like to have multiple backups and copies. Assuming the laptop mounts and you can copy files AND you have a spare drive with room or space for a partition then either manually copy or clone your hdd.

You could even if you are handy dismantle (check iFixit and MacSales) and pull the hdd out and get an empty external case for it. OWC sells kits with a drive and spare case for folks wanting to upgrade their laptop.

You might see this moved to the MacBook Pro forum

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 21, 2015 5:51 AM in response to SithSurfer

I like to have multiple backups and copies. Assuming the laptop mounts and you can copy files AND you have a spare drive with room or space for a partition then either manually copy or clone your hdd.

You could even if you are handy dismantle (check iFixit and MacSales) and pull the hdd out and get an empty external case for it. OWC sells kits with a drive and spare case for folks wanting to upgrade their laptop.

You might see this moved to the MacBook Pro forum

Getting new MacBook - Photos library via TimeMachine?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.