Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've lost all the books on iBooks!!

About I got into using iBooks. I purchased a lot of books (that I paid for with actual money) and when I finished reading them I deleted them off my iPad. Today I wanted to find these books again. I can't find them anywhere!!! Not in purchased or in the "cloud". The problem is I also can't find the email that says that I bought them! But I KNOW I did. Any suggestions?

iPad 2, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on Jun 21, 2015 9:28 AM

12 replies

Jun 21, 2015 9:34 AM in response to Gragon1357

If you purchased the books, they are there somewhere. When you say you can't find them in Purchased or in the Cloud, where are you looking, exactly? Are you certain that the Apple ID you currently have signed on is the same Apple ID that was used to purchase the books? And not sure what you mean by the statement that you paid for them with "actual money"?

Cheers,

GB

Jun 21, 2015 9:58 AM in response to Gragon1357

And you haven't moved countries and the books are still in the store ? And you've tried logging out and back into your account on your iPad e.g. by tapping on your id at the bottom of the Featured tab in the iBooks app ?

For the Purchased tab in the iBooks app, you've selected the 'all' tab at the top middle of it - do any books show, or are all missing ?

Jun 21, 2015 10:23 AM in response to Gragon1357

Right - as King_Penguin pointed out, if you have moved countries, the books from the previous country's store will not show up under Purchased unless you are signed into that Country's iBooks Store. You would have to download them to your iBooks (or iTunes) library on your computer in order to have access to them, and you have to be signed into the country where they were purchased in order to do that.

Cheers,

GB

Jun 21, 2015 10:54 AM in response to Gragon1357

If you log into your account on your computer's iTunes (Store > View Account menu option) do they show in the account's purchase history, and if so what price/currency do they show as having been bought with ?

If they were bought from the Greek store (some of the books in the Greek store are in English) then you won't be able to potentially redownload them (if they've been removed from the store then you won't be able to redownload them) unless you return to Greece and have a Greek billing address on your account - you have to be in a country to use its store, including redownloading.

If bought from the UK store then are they still available here in the UK store ?

I've lost all the books on iBooks!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.