Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Macbook with intermittent internet connection, wifi OK

Mac Pals:

New 2015 MacBook. Very nice. I have a Netgear N150 wireless router. All other devices work well with it, including a number of MacBook Pros, iPhones etc. My new MacBook loses internet intermittently for a few minutes at a time fairly randomly. It is not losing wifi, just internet. Now, if I trigger the login page on my browser for the router, internet comes back. Any ideas here?

OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 21, 2015 9:55 AM

34 replies

Jun 21, 2015 11:39 AM in response to dndrich

The warranty entitles you to complimentary phone support for the first 90 days of ownership.

If you bought the product in the U.S. directly from Apple (not from a reseller), you have 14 days from the date of delivery in which to exchange or return it for a refund. In other countries, the return policy may be different. If you bought from a reseller, its return policy applies.

Jun 25, 2015 4:53 PM in response to dndrich

Just to post some further details, it happens about once every 10 minutes or so, and internet will be down for about 1 minute. Wifi says full signal the whole duration. Turning wifi off and then on again instantly fixes the problem.

I also notice that waking from sleep can take a while to get a browser page loading, even though it is connected to the wifi within about 10 seconds or so. Not too fussed about that though, but I feel it is related.

Watch this space - tech support call on saturday

New Macbook with intermittent internet connection, wifi OK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.