Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Shuffle stuck 'Preparing iPod for recovery'

My iPod shuffle stopped playing. When plugged into my mac, iTunes offers the repeated message 'Preparing iPod for recovery'. Tried resetting iPod by holding down the voiceover and play buttons while the iPod was on, but no lights came on or flashed. It may be that the iPod is out of power, but is not charging when plugged into my mac.

I restored the iPod a couple days ago because the voiceover stopped working. The iPod worked fine yesterday until it shut itself off. I thought it was due to low battery power, but did not get any low battery warning beeps. Today it does nothing.

Not sure what to do now.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), OSX Beta Program

Posted on Jun 21, 2015 2:28 PM

3 replies

Jun 23, 2015 1:23 PM in response to CarlAVII

Thanks for the suggestion Allen!

I tried the troubleshooting steps, but so far nothing has worked. Right now resetting(turning off for 10 seconds and back on), the green light never comes on. When I plug back into my mac, I still get he repeating pop-up message 'Preparing iPod for recovery'. I even plugged it into a wall outlet overnight to see if it was a charging issue, but the green light never comes back on.

iPod Shuffle stuck 'Preparing iPod for recovery'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.