Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

app store says I have 1 update to install. when i try to update it says installed but still i have the message that i have an update

The App Store software indicates that I have 1 update ready to install (and has for the past few weeks). In the update available pane it lists "Cannon Inkjet Printer Software Update 3.2, HP Printer Software Update 3.1 and Safari 8.0.6". When I click on the icon to update all or each individually, the icon changes to Installed but nothing happens. I checked safari and it is still version 8.0.5. I don't know how to check the version of the Cannon and HP software. In any case they are not updating and I still have the App Store listing the updates. Although the App Store list 1 update there are actually 3. I am using a iMac (mid 2011) and have OS X Yosemite version 10.10.3 installed.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on Jun 21, 2015 4:12 PM

6 replies

Jun 21, 2015 7:56 PM in response to Gary Davison

This procedure will delete certain temporary and cache files used by system processes. The files are automatically generated and don't contain any of your data. Occasionally they can become corrupt and cause problems such as yours.

Back up all data before proceeding.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

/var/folders/zz

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with a subfolder named "zz" selected. Move that subfolder to the Trash. You may be prompted for your administrator login password. Restart the computer and empty the Trash.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Jul 1, 2015 1:25 AM in response to Linc Davis

Hi Linc, your solution works but only for a while. After deleting, restart and empty my trash I see no awaiting update. But ... if I go to App Store and display Updates tab, I'll see the progress bar (downloading info about new updates). After finishing I'll see again 1 update to install. It seems that cache files were recreated again with this wrong info about new update. Do you have idea how to solve it?

Thanks you a lot

app store says I have 1 update to install. when i try to update it says installed but still i have the message that i have an update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.