Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth problems with JVC car stereo

I recently purchased a truck that has the JVC Bluetooth head unit and it model number Kdsr80BT. When I was purchasing the vehicle the previous owner showed me that his android phone was connected to the radio with no problems for streaming music and making phone calls. When I got the truck home I deleted his phones from the radio and tried to pair my phone. I have an iPhone 6plus running iOS 8.3 It recognized my phone and my phone recognized stereo it would connect for 1 to 2 seconds and then it would say not connected unable to pair. I have turned my phone off and the stereo off and back on. I have forgotten the device and repaired with the same results. What else should I try to do?

thanks

chris

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3, JVC kd-sr80bt Bluetooth stereo

Posted on Jun 21, 2015 7:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2017 11:27 AM

I FOUND A FIX!!! I have a JVC KW-V20BT, and I literally thought there was no hope, but all you have to do is delete the paired devices (INCLUDING YOUR OWN) on a stereo like mine you press home, settings, system, tap the down arrow to see bluetooth setup, and select audio device (or phone device I forget) and delete the names. There ya go. This is the new fix as of April 5th 2017

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2017 11:27 AM in response to Ckelly1182

I FOUND A FIX!!! I have a JVC KW-V20BT, and I literally thought there was no hope, but all you have to do is delete the paired devices (INCLUDING YOUR OWN) on a stereo like mine you press home, settings, system, tap the down arrow to see bluetooth setup, and select audio device (or phone device I forget) and delete the names. There ya go. This is the new fix as of April 5th 2017

Jun 23, 2015 2:44 PM in response to Ckelly1182

Hello, Chris.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are experiencing an issue pairing your iPhone with your new car stereo. Here are a couple of troubleshooting resources that I would recommend going through when experiencing this issue. Also, you may need to reach out to JVC for assistance with this as your system may require an update.

Get help using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo

Get help connecting your iOS device with a Bluetooth accessory

-Jason H.

Bluetooth problems with JVC car stereo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.