Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't purchase a photo book in the mac app Photos

I'm running Mac OS X 10.10.3 on a Mac Pro and I've previously purchased several photo books from iPhoto without a problem. All of these have been purchased from the danish online store.

However I've now tried for several days purchasing a photo book - also in the danish version of Photos (version 1.0) - and I get the same error message everytime. The message reads something like: "The Store is not up and running due to updates. Please try again later".

I've also tried re-ordering an old photo book already purchased from iPhoto (version 9.6.1) but here I'm getting another error message reading something like: "A communication problem with the apple online store occured. Please try again later".

Anyone facing the same problem or can someone help me out?

Best regards

MK

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 22, 2015 2:26 AM

9 replies

Jun 22, 2015 6:43 AM in response to mkdk75

A few things to check - verify that the print products country in the Photos preferences is correct - if that is fine then delete and re-enter all of your info in your Apple Store account being sure that your address and credit information match the country in the preferences and that express ordering is on

Other than that it may just be an Apple server glitch and only time will resolve

LN

Jun 22, 2015 12:30 PM in response to LarryHN

Thanks for replying :-)

I've covered these suggestions and I still can't purchase my book. Although I'm one step closer since a "buy" button has now appeared in my book project in the Photos app - however when trying to complete the purchase Photos now tells me that "Orders has to be sent to my country set as my "billing" country".

So now I've checked and rechecked my shipping info in my apple account to make sure my home country is set correct, both in the app and in my apple store account - which it is!

Funny how things got messed up by changing from iPhoto to Photos. Everything worked perfect in iPhoto and I've purchased several book within the old iPhoto app. And I haven't changed anything since upgrading to OS X 10.10.3...

Last possible helpful note... When trying to access my printed products account from within the Photos app I end up on an apple 404 page. ( http://store.apple.com/t11667_dk_iphotomobile/account/home )

MK

Jul 15, 2015 1:39 AM in response to mkdk75

Hi, Had a similar thing happen to me (Based in the UK) which all seemed to centre around your country input field. Im my address book it was correctly added as the 'UK' as Photos app will ask you to enter your address from your contacts or put in a new one. I was also instructed to make sure the address in my iTunes account and at https://appleid.apple.com/ was also the same and eventually by jiggling things about the order went past the address stage and was successful. What was very interesting that for the UK at some stage the Apple process recognised the UK as GB (Great Britain) so the guy at Apple suggested this needed some feedback as this was probably the reason for the errors that Apple had the UK as both United Kingdom & Great Britain at different stages causing the malfunction I would guess!...

Hope this helps

Aug 4, 2015 10:47 AM in response to mkdk75

I am trying to purchase my annual calendar through Photos. I run 10.10.4. I switched from iPhoto during the year and never had a problem with previous years' orders through iPhoto.

now it says that My Zip code needs updating.

I live in Canada not the US.

we have postal codes.

previous shipments on products have been made to this address.

I have tried manipulating the address in contacts to no avail.

never had a problem before.

Anyone know how I can correct this?

(I have updated Keychain, as per comment in this section. still does not work)

Thanks for any suggestions

I can't purchase a photo book in the mac app Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.