Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

storage space not updating

tl;dr the storage space on my iphone 5s version iOS 8.1.3 is not updating and doesn't reflect actual storage space. How to solve it?

more details:

I'm on iOS 8.1.3 (i don't update on purpose cause i'm very tight on space).

I need to download an update for one of my apps but get 0 bytes available under storage in settings.

I have deleted multiple apps, pics etc, and I still get 0 bytes available after that.

This started Saturday. Before then i seemed to have nearly 900mb free (after i cleaned up a lot), but suddenly was back to 0.

Have now tested again deleting multiple items and the "available" doesn't shift from 0. It's been buggy before but now it simply doesn't even update.

I've tried rebooting and the available storage stays at 0.

how do i fix this bug? (btw i won't have space to update to the latest iOS so that is not an option for me).

thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Jun 22, 2015 9:04 AM

5 replies

Jun 22, 2015 9:14 AM in response to modular747

I don't want to update the iOS software, just a specific app and need to do it through the phone as it's a beta build, not on appstore yet.

Plus anyhow i want to get the storage tracking fixed so i know how much space i have left (a regular problem for me).

How can i fix the storage tracking so it represents the real storage i have and allows me to download the latest build?

thanks

storage space not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.