Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to login or signup with Facebook

Recently on my iPhone, almost every app that I try to sign up or sign in with Facebook and multiple websites I try to sign in with give me an error. The error I get is "Sorry this feature isn't available right now: an error occurred while processing this request. Please try again later." I haven't had the issue on my iPad and I haven't made any settings changes on Facebook or my iPhone. I also compared settings on my iPad and iPhone and see no differences. I made sure that the apps I have an error with are turned on under Facebook in settings on my iPhone (if they show up, some do not at all). Does anyone have any suggestions or know what is causing this error? Below is a screenshot.

User uploaded file

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.2, 64 GB, Verizon Wireless

Posted on Jun 22, 2015 9:50 AM

12 replies

Jun 22, 2015 7:40 PM in response to SpasticPat

I am having the same problem. To add an additional perspective, I have an iPhone5s with ios 8.3. My guess is the problem resides in a facebook configuration but I have looked at a friend's facebook settings side by side and they are identical to mine. I do not see any apps under Settings > facebook.

I have tried deleting and downloading the FB app again, as well as the other apps that are trying to login through FB, restarted the phone, made sure the facebook platform is enabled, but nothing has helped. The biggest problem is that none of the apps can login through facebook and so many apps rely on facebook just to sign up.

I also created a support case with facebook to get their perspective but have not heard back yet. I will update the thread if I get any insight from them.

Jun 22, 2015 7:45 PM in response to SeaniPhone

The one app right now that this is happening on for me is Coffee Meets Bagel. You're unable to signup/sign in without Facebook. I actually went on to Facebook, found the app and clicked on "send to mobile." I then went on my phone to Facebook through the app and clicked on the notification which opened the app on my phone and it still does the same thing.

I signed myself out of Words with Friends and then reconnected Facebook and it worked without issue, so I don't think it's my Facebook settings or my phone settings, but as the previous poster said, something on Facebook's end.

Jun 24, 2015 9:23 AM in response to SpasticPat

Hey SpasticPat,

I created a support request with Facebook to take a look at the problem but have not heard back and don't have high hopes of getting a response. I found a login to an app through facebook from my laptop (not iPhone) and the same problem occurs. I dont believe it is an issue with the phone, but rather it is an issue with facebook or the configuration/settings on my account.

Do you have an email address (or temporary one) where you can be reached? We can attempt to debug ourselves.

Unable to login or signup with Facebook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.