Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My desktop was just supposedly "attacked" by spyware. It directs you to call 855-462-1908 and alertsmaconline.com can fix it. I forced quit 3 Xs, but in turning back on, I can not get passed this warning. Please help!

My desktop was just supposedly "attacked" by spyware. It directs you to call 855-462-1908 and alertsmaconline.com can fix it. I forced quit 3 Xs, but in turning back on, I can not get passed this warning. Please help!

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jun 22, 2015 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2015 9:24 AM

I read sometime ago that disconnecting from the internet and then closing the browser has helped.

Barry

10 replies

Jun 28, 2015 5:20 PM in response to charlesstephenmeyer

I had the same problem on Safari today June 28 at 8 pm EST. I got the message that I shall get in contact with mac-protrection..com 855-462.1908. I called there and somebody from India answered the phone. I asked if they are Apple support and he answered something like that they work for Apple. He wanted me to give him access to my computer by downloading a program that allowed him access. Fortunately I got a pop-up with the error message that the program is not made from an authorized developer. While having this company on the phone I googled in another browser the phone number and found your article and ended the call. Thank you very for your answer.

User uploaded file

Jul 4, 2015 10:36 PM in response to charlesstephenmeyer

AHhhhh OMG the same thing just happened to me!!! I got a weird feeling right away but called the number. An Indian guy picked up and right away was unprofessional and curt. I asked him if he had a personal id number or anurging to prove he was with apple and he immediately got an attitude. Told me apple sends "us" to them and if we don't use their service then it's our problem. I downloaded the team viewer website thing and typed my nsme, a fake email address and he asked me if I was a boy or girl, male or female. I asked him how that could possibly be relevant to fixing my computer. He got hostile and told me to type my phone number. I ran into the other room and googled the situation, saw this thread and asked the guy if I could take my MacBook to Apple tomorrow. He gave me some bs about how they'll turn me away bc it's a hardware/software problem. I said, "then it should be no problem to call again tomorrow if they turn me away? He goes, "well then that's you're problem now, isn't it?" I told him exactly where he could go and to shove his **** poor attitude. My concern now is that they got too much info somehow and that I'm still at risk. What can I do to make sure everything is secure?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.