Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fare Thee Well through MLB.tv?

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew if the Grateful Dead's 50th Anniversary concerts will be available through the MLB.tv app on Apple TV.

The web stream is being handled by Live Alliance and will be broadcast via mlb.com.

Anyone know if this will go through MLB.tv on the Apple TV?

Apple TV

Posted on Jun 22, 2015 9:33 AM

12 replies

Jun 25, 2015 11:22 AM in response to Michael Hochman

Note that the youtube option is for the live concert only, while with the MLB package, you can re-play the shows for 30 days after the event (until August 7 I believe). So while you may not be able to watch the shows through your apple TV, you get way more bang for your buck with the MLB option.

I plan to plug my computer into my receiver and watch on TV that way.

I bought my pass when they first announced the stream, and I was able to save $50 off the "All 5" package. Since then, they have added lots of options. For those who have not purchased yet, I would stay away from youtube, since you only get to watch once. I believe the cable pay-per-views will also be available for 30 days after the shows, but those seem to be available for Chicago only. So I would suggest the MLB stream for Santa Clara, and pay-per-view for Chicago. The Chicago shows will also be broadcast on SiriusXM (not sure about Santa Clara), so the free 30-day trial they offer is recommended for those that won't be able to watch on TV. Hope everyone enjoys the shows.

Jun 27, 2015 10:33 AM in response to codepoit

It appears you can NOT stream through the Apple TV MLB app; I too bought the first package that was offered, not knowing they'd offer several more options later on! But it still should sound and look great. You can either connect your computer to your TV and stream it that way (I'm not even totally sure how this is done, but will be looking into that right now.) Or my original plan has been to stream it from a computer via AirPlay to my Apple TV hooked up to our big screen TV with the good sound system. Just in case you're wondering, if you have Apple TV, you can stream from your computer by clicking on the AirPlay icon in the upper right of your screen. You can also stream that way from iPad and iPhone using the AirPlay method.

Looking forward to the shows! : )

Jun 30, 2015 8:03 AM in response to Umphreak

Yes, I realized that my wife's Macbook had an HDMI output and I plugged it directly into one of the HDMI inputs on my big screen TV and it worked perfectly! I had only one moment on Saturday night's show where the feed freezed up on the computer; I just refreshed the web page and it kicked back on right away with no other problems. I'm watching the Chicago shows through the Cox cable Pay Per View, so that'll be straightforward. I loved the past weekend's shows. Some vocal straining at times and all, but what cool set lists and I thought they sounded right on. It was a great celebration that I'm looking forward to continuing with friends in my living room - and Deadheads everywhere - this 4th of July weekend!

Jul 5, 2015 10:28 AM in response to codepoit

HI ive got a question. I purchased the MLB version not knowing the difference. I have AirPlay opition when I play movies on iTunes but not all the time. My opition appears near the play button on the bottom of the screen. Is my Mac to old to support AirPlay? My help opinions on my computer say AirPlay will appear only when available. I need to know If I need to go but a cord to hard wire my computer or when I start the stream it will give me the choice of AirPlay. can anyone help? Thanks.

Jul 5, 2015 2:29 PM in response to codepoit

I Purchased Santa Clara through MLB. It was awful! I could mirror through my Apple TV, but only if I left it small screen. As soon as I put it in full screen mode, it would kick it off of the Apple TV.

I Was going to go with YouTube for tonight, but I heard that no longer is supported through Apple TV. So frustrating! I guess I have to use an HDMI cable and connect my laptop directly to my TV.

Fare Thee Well through MLB.tv?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.