Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A1308 Converters

I have a A1308 but the plugs name is unknown to me at this point. I am trying to get a converter so that it can go into my 2010 macbook pro. I hear that its costly to get a converter so let me know your thoughts and technical suggestions. I appreciate it. Sincerely Sky Watersend who loves Apple..

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

C0*****C7C

Posted on Jun 22, 2015 12:18 PM

1 reply

Jun 29, 2015 2:07 PM in response to SkyWatersend

Not sure which exact build model (sales order number) and screen size spec of your MacBook,

but if you have a MacBook Pro (mid-2010) there were a few display adapter cables in common.

For Display has 1 - Mini DisplayPort uses (VGA, DVI, or dual-link DVI with adapter)

The Dual-Link DVI with Adapter would be the costly one. A search online brought up several

examples of the Apple part, here is one of those (at amazon) for under $100; there are others.

http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MB571Z-DisplayPort-Dual-Link-Adapter/dp/B001IF252C

You may need to double-check the specification of your computer model because there may

be more than one kind of dual-link adapter, and note "Mini DisplayPort" is the specification.

And depending on the kind or type of display (or projector, etc) you have, the adapter may vary

since you did not specify, some displays can be used with the less costly DVI/HDMI or VGA.

In any event...

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

A1308 Converters

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.