Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Network Adapter issues: BootCamp/Windows 7/BF4

I have been playing Battlefield 4 via BootCamp/Windows 7 for quite some time. Recently, I bought a new iMac with the following configuration:

iMac 5K Retina

4 GHz Intel Core 7

32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB

My BootCamp partition is 300 GB and it's only half populated. In any case, particularly since the last patch to BF4, I disconnect and receive a Network Adapter error. Does not seem to matter whether I use an Ethernet connection or a WiFi connection. As a "gamer," of course, I prefer the hard wire connection.

Windows 7 will troubleshoot the issue and reset the Network Adapter. This occurs regularly after about one-half hour of play.

Any thoughts?

Posted on Jun 22, 2015 10:25 AM

10 replies

Jun 22, 2015 5:05 PM in response to Loner T

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client/Admin
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client
Date: 6/21/2015 11:56:17 PM
Event ID: 1001

Task Category: Address Configuration State Event

Level: Error
Keywords:
User: LOCAL SERVICE
Computer: Paul-PC

Description:

Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0xB8098ADACB7A. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client" Guid="{15A7A4F8-0072-4EAB-ABAD-F98A4D666AED}" />
<EventID>1001</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>3</Task>
<Opcode>75</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x4000000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-06-22T03:56:17.066547000Z" />
<EventRecordID>42</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="412" ThreadID="2544" />
<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Dhcp-Client/Admin</Channel>
<Computer>Paul-PC</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-19" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="HWLength">6</Data>
<Data Name="HWAddress">B8098ADACB7A</Data>
<Data Name="StatusCode">121</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Jun 23, 2015 7:22 AM in response to MeisterFritz

A static IP or a DHCP reservation will work and allocate the same IP to your iMac's MAC address. If you switch between Wired and Wireless, put in a static/DHCP reservation for both MAC addresses which you can find from System Preferences -> Network and check hardware for each adapter to get the MAC address.

If your friend is willing to assist, you can also use tools like Wireshark or tcpdump.

Jun 29, 2015 7:28 AM in response to Loner T

Okay, I've taken this one step further and you'll be somewhat surprised. My BF4 teammates noted that I was being disconnected with the same issue at approximately the same time every night. So, that immediately sounded the alarm to contact the provider, TW. I entered into an online chat and the tech ran a variety of tests. His conclusion was that my signal lacked stability between the server and my modem. Yes, that is a vague answer, so I pressed him further.

I said, "What you are telling me is that the issue is hard wire related between the pole and the modem." He said, "yes." That is feasible because this is a new service. However, when I run a speed test, the signal "appears" consistent," but that's a gross evaluation. I am hopeful that the issue does not include the coaxial from the exterior into the house because that will create some issues. Tech is due for a visit on Tuesday evening.

Network Adapter issues: BootCamp/Windows 7/BF4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.