Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does other taking up majority of my space?

I have an ipod 5th generation and the last ios update with the new emojis. The other bar takes up 4.70gb of space, more than anything else on my ipod. Everything I try to do including resetting it to original storage does not work. Is anyone else having this problem? im pretty sure im not the only one. How can I get rid of this? I cannot even enjoy my product..this is a serious problem that apple needs to fix.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 22, 2015 12:37 PM

4 replies

Jun 22, 2015 12:39 PM in response to Tayoshi

An "other" larger than about 1 1/2 GB indicates corrupted files.

What is the Other on my iPhone and How to Remove It

What is "Other" and What Can I Do About It?

Next, usually restoring from backup eliminated the corrupted files. However, sometimes restoring to factory settings/new iPod is required.

To restore from backup see:

iOS: How to back up

To restore to factory settings/new iPod see:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

Jun 22, 2015 11:53 PM in response to lllaass

so i restored and backuped my ipod like you said and the other is still there except now it is 4.43gb instead of 4.70. what are corrupted files exactly? is that like when you illegally download music? or....by factory settings do you mean swipe the ipod clean and start over completely? because i dont want to have to lost my photos, thats pretty much all im worried about. (i dont use icloud because it doesnt work.)thank u for your help

why does other taking up majority of my space?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.