Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My contacts are not syncing between my iPad, iPhone, and icloud.com.

I have an iPhone 6 and an iPad Air 2 that are both running the latest version of iOS (8.3). When I add contacts to my iPad they do not show up on my iPhone. I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps found in this post (Get help using iCloud Contacts - Apple Support) but I still don't have recently added contacts on my iPhone. Also, when I log into icloud.com recently added contacts are not showing up there either.

Any additional thoughts or ideas on how to solve this problem would be appreciated. Thanks.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 22, 2015 1:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2015 1:36 PM

Please try the following…

1. First check that all your settings are correct, that contact syncing is checked on all devices (system preferences > iCloud on a mac and settings > iCloud on a iPhone, iPad or iPod).
  2. Make sure the contacts you are adding are added to your 'iCloud' group and not an 'On My Mac', 'On My Phone' or other non iCloud group (you can do this by checking in groups), non iCloud contacts will not sync.
  3. If you are sure that everything is set up correctly and your contacts are in the iCloud group, you might try unchecking contact syncing in the iCloud settings, restarting your device and then re-enabling contact syncing.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2015 1:36 PM in response to jacreel

Please try the following…

1. First check that all your settings are correct, that contact syncing is checked on all devices (system preferences > iCloud on a mac and settings > iCloud on a iPhone, iPad or iPod).
  2. Make sure the contacts you are adding are added to your 'iCloud' group and not an 'On My Mac', 'On My Phone' or other non iCloud group (you can do this by checking in groups), non iCloud contacts will not sync.
  3. If you are sure that everything is set up correctly and your contacts are in the iCloud group, you might try unchecking contact syncing in the iCloud settings, restarting your device and then re-enabling contact syncing.

Jun 22, 2015 4:38 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Thanks, that was very helpful. I believe I figured out what the problem was. On my iPad, the default account for Contacts was "On My iPad." So it appears any new contact I created on my iPad was saved just to the iPad, and not to iCloud. I have changed the default account for Contact to iCloud now.

But, how do I get all of the contacts that are only on my iPad into iCloud. When I tap edit on the contact I don't see an option to change where it is stored.

My contacts are not syncing between my iPad, iPhone, and icloud.com.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.