Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV HDCP error message.

Apple TV was working fine. We had a brief power outage (less than 5 minutes) and now I'm getting the HDCP error message. How do I fix this? I've tried resetting, unplugging HDMI, unplugging the Apple TV unit and nothing is working.

Apple TV

Posted on Jun 22, 2015 6:37 PM

6 replies

Jun 22, 2015 6:59 PM in response to vazandrew

Tried switching cables - didn't help. I also restarted the Apple tv and that didn't help either. Could it be a problem with my Internet connection (due to power going out)?

Jun 22, 2015 8:27 PM in response to vazandrew

Tried restoring and resetting. Found a suggestion from Apple support to put the Apple TV to sleep, then turn to off for 10, then turn everything back on. Still not working. I agree that it has something to do with the power outage - there has to be an easy way to get it working again!!

Jun 25, 2015 12:59 PM in response to vazandrew

The Apple TV worked when I tried it on a different television. Looks like the power outage messed up the settings on my Sharp tv, and knocked out all of my HDMI ports. Just managed to get it working again!

Apple TV HDCP error message.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.