Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 Randomly Calling People

Can someone please help me out with this issue.

My iPhone has recently started calling people on its own. I would leave it to charge on my table and without any interference it would randomly call people that are on my contacts list and people that aren't even on my contacts. This is a huge concern on my part because I just have 50 minutes on my line and just last week it's already used up 30 minutes of talk time because of this glitch. I restored my phone thinking that would hopefully fix it and sadly the problem still exists. I have Voice Dial off and have also tried keeping Siri off as well. After my phone started calling people again I enabled Siri again just because I don't think it was causing this issue. It calls people while the phone is locked and a lot of these calls range from 7-11 minutes and some are much shorter ranging from 1-15 seconds.

iPhone 5 is on the latest firm ware with the latest carrier update as well. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME ?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 22, 2015 6:25 PM

5 replies

Jun 24, 2015 5:57 AM in response to AmishCake

I have been using the same charger on my iPhone, my iPad and iPods that belong to relatives. In addition, my dads iPhone 6+ uses the same charger that I use and he doesn't have any problem like this. My phone is out of the warranty period so how would I exchange it. The phone is still in a condition I could rate as 10/10. Never taken out of the Griffin Defender case since it was bought!

Jun 24, 2015 6:28 AM in response to 2JZ Mod

After you restored your phone, did you use the backup to get the data back on your device?

If so, try resetting your device. This won't delete your data stored on the phone.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201559

If this does not help, I'd suggest restoring your device to factory settings once again. After you restore, don't immediately sync your previous backup with the device. Check whether the issue remains or not. If after the restore to factory settings everything works fine, this may be the backup that causes this kind of issue.

Take a look this Apple Support article: Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

iPhone 5 Randomly Calling People

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.