Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac 5k - Windows 8.1 - latest Boot Camp -> no sound, no speakers found, problems with drivers.

Hi,

I just bought the newest iMac 5k and bought the latest Windows 8.1.

So everything is up to date and original.

I have installed, done and tried everything and even needed to install a few drivers by myself from the latest boot camp driver package because I couldnt run the setup as the latest boot camp update for the 5k isnt out there yet <--- according to apple technical Service.

So why are there people not having this problem?

Can someone please help me?

SUMMARY:

- no internal speakers found, so no sound

- keys like the ones for volume are not working either and maybe a few other Problems I havent found out yet...

- according to Apple I have to wait for a while for a Boot Camp update

Thank you!

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014)

Posted on Jun 23, 2015 3:48 AM

9 replies

Jun 23, 2015 4:25 AM in response to ssiedent

Also a recent iMac 5K owner here and I have only noticed a few I guess minor issues with Bootcamp as explained in my post. I guess this would explain it if the current software and drivers are not up to date with the hardware of the new iMacs so I will hope that when the update comes out it will fix such things.

My experience is that is working well enough at the moment though, just the extra function keys on the Apple keyboard and possibly graphic/resolution issues as changing to any resolution lower than say 3200x1800 under Windows looks a lower resolution that it should, at least compared to OS X. Not sure about internal speaker issues as I have mine connected to an amplifier & speakers through the headphone socket and that works fine. Bluetooth also seems fine as well.

Jun 23, 2015 5:08 AM in response to Loner T

Not anymore.

I could fix 4 triangles (PCI, FaceTimeCam, Network(wifi) and another one) by myself with the drivers of the latest boot camp driver package.

Quite half of the content in that boot camp driver package was unable to install or open.

Theres nothing with or from boot camp in the control panel or control Panel > System.

Jun 23, 2015 5:15 AM in response to XLR8

I can also not use headphones.

They get listed with the digital output for optical and show, when used, that there is something playing.

Dont matter what Ive plugged in the headphone socket.

Its not working.

I would like to try out the optical output but I sure wont buy anything to just try out.

Thank you guys for your help so far!

This is really stressing me out 😀

Jun 23, 2015 8:32 AM in response to Loner T

I can only see Digital Audio (S/PDIF) which I mentioned/described before as "digital output for optical" and the Headphones.

Both work fine according to the Panels on the right in the Picture you see or lets say in the menu control Panel -> Sound, but I dont get anything out of Speakers or headphones.

There are (Im at work right now) a few (4 - 6) HDMI Devices also listed (similar to the one of you with a Screen as Logo) which are not connected/plugged in.

iMac 5k - Windows 8.1 - latest Boot Camp -> no sound, no speakers found, problems with drivers.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.