Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro draining in sleep

Hello

I have an issue with my 2012 macbook pro retina 15" 8gig ram. The battery drains every time its sleeping, over an 8 - 12 hour period it loses 20 - 30% of its charge, longer periods lead to more battery discharged.

I have gone through numerous forum posts here, and determined to the best of my ability that it does appear to sleep, whether its a deep sleep i do not know, but there are no console entries between the time the lids closed to when its woken (attached).

Ive also attached the battery usage over the past 12 hours from activity monity which shows it steadily draining, this could be because it has 2 data points and only a straight line could be drawn, im unsure.

I am running the latest version of yosemite 10.10.3

Thanks for any thoughts or advice you may have.
User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Jun 23, 2015 3:37 AM

7 replies

Jun 23, 2015 2:54 PM in response to pablocullen

Test after each of the following steps that you haven’t already tried:

Step 1

Take all the applicable steps suggested in this support article. That's the starting point for any further effort to solve the problem. Skipping any of those steps may mean that the problem won't be solved.

Note that, as stated in the article, the computer will not sleep if some sharing services are enabled. From the menu bar, select

 ▹ System Preferences... ▹ Sharing

Turn off all sharing services.

Step 2

Select

 ▹ System Preferences... ▹ Accessibility ▹ Speakable Items: Off

Step 3

Select

 ▹ System Preferences... ▹ Bluetooth ▹ Advanced...

and uncheck both boxes marked

Open Bluetooth Setup Assistant at startup if...

Step 4

In the Printers & Scanners preference pane, delete any duplicate printers.

Jun 24, 2015 2:55 AM in response to pablocullen

No change, shut down around 50% battery last night, had 20% this morning.

Console shows no messages between 11pm last night and 10 am this morning, i have attached a screenie from the activity monitor, shows the same battery drain.

I have an SD card that sits in the macbook, its a microSD in one of these flush SD adaptors.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/367/dp/B00RHAZ5HE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435139680&sr=8 -1&keywords=macbook+pro+retina+15+adam

I have read that the drain on these devices is miniscule, could this be the issue?

If i remember correctly i have had this problem long before i bought that so i doubt it.

User uploaded file

Macbook pro draining in sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.