Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Did I buy a counterfeit Macbook charger?

I bought a cheap charger on eBay for my Macbook a month weeks ago. It was listed as a genuine apple charger, and I can't tell if it is or not. It overheated out of no where yesterday, made some crazy loud buzzing sound, and then just stopped working.

It mostly looks like an apple charger I think, but I don't have anything to compare it to. It says it's made by Apple withe the "designed in California" and "assembled in China" label, but it also says "Apple Japan" and "Delta Electronics" on one side. What do you think?

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Non-unibody, 4 GB RAM, 2.2 GHz

Posted on Jun 23, 2015 7:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2015 10:47 AM

Juse in case anyone finds this, I've found another Apple charger to compare to, and it appears all Apple chargers do have the "Apple Japan" and "Delta Electronics" info. I'm assuming I did get a genuine Apple charger, and unfortunately it just broke. Here's to hoping Apple will replace it!

4 replies

Did I buy a counterfeit Macbook charger?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.