Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Script to Set Title from Filename

Looking for a script for Aperture to set the title of a photo to its filename.

Actually I would like to have this function performed on any set of photos that I highlight in Aperture.

Am doing this in advance of moving to Photos as I would like to see the file name displayed in the Photos arrays, but it only displays titles.

Can someone point me to a script for this?

Thanks.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10), + attached 27 inch iMac 2nd screen

Posted on Jun 23, 2015 4:57 AM

1 reply

Jun 23, 2015 5:25 AM in response to Rex Ross

You don't need a script for this in Aperture. Have you tried the command "Metadata > Batch Change" in Aperture?

Aperture's version name will be shown as the title in Photos. So run "Metadata > Batch Change" on all selected images in Aperture and write the filenames to the version names.

Set the "Version Name" format to "Edit" and create a custom preset, that uses the original filename, like this:

User uploaded file

Aperture's "Title" field is not the title field shown in Photos. Aperture's IPTC "Title" field is part of the Status section with Job identifier and Copyright tags.

Script to Set Title from Filename

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.