Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime audio do not work anymore on my mac

Audio FaceTime was working perfekt but since the last update it do not work anymore.

Have anyone a solution for this problem ?

Greetings Karl

iMac, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 23, 2015 6:38 AM

4 replies

Jun 24, 2015 5:34 AM in response to Linc Davis

Hi Linc,

since the last SW update it is not possible to make audio calls direkt from imac to people which have no iphone, If I´m going to my contacts the position to call is gray so I cannot click. If the contact have iphone its blue and it works. The same situation is if I click on a phone number on a website.

I called apple support and they said that my imac is to old. and they said to me that I was lucky that it works until 3 weeks ago. That cannot be I think !

<Edited by Host>

Jun 24, 2015 5:35 AM in response to Dornroschen

Cellular calling doesn't yet work reliably. Any improvement may only be temporary.

Make sure you've followed the instructions in this support article. Note that both iCloud and FaceTime on the Mac must be signed in to the same Apple ID; those are two separate steps. Also note that the Mac and the phone must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Ethernet won't work. Trying to pair the phone to the Mac as a Bluetooth device won't work either.

No Continuity feature will work if either of the devices is connected to a VPN.

If cellular calling still doesn't work, sign out of FaceTime and sign back in. You may have to do the same on the phone. The email address that you use as your Apple ID must be able to receive FaceTime calls.

FaceTime audio do not work anymore on my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.