Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro start up issue

Hello,

My Macbook pro has crashed and I am unable to pass the booting screen (apple logo with the spinning gear). Prior to the crash, I received a warning that the harddisk was nearly full.

I have attempted the following: Safe Boot (unsuccessful), Reset the NVRAM (unsuccessful), Reinstall Mac OS 10.9 with Disk Utitlity (unsuccessful due to insufficient space).

Therefore, I tried to 'repair' the Macintosh HD partition but was given a message that it was not possible. I attempted to erase the disk and reinstall the OS. After using the erase function, I received an error message stating 'File system formatter failed' and currently I am unable to remount the disk back.

As I have bootcamp, I tried to use startup repair function which ultimately failed to fix the problem. Within the error report, it is written that 'Unspecified changes to system configuration might have caused the problem'.

Could someone kindly advise what I should do next?

Thank you in advance.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jun 23, 2015 10:59 AM

1 reply

Macbook pro start up issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.