Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why aren't my nook books showing up on the nook ios app?

I've recently downloaded the nook ios app (version 4.0.1.17) on a new iPad mini, but for some reason only 5 out of 20 nook books are showing up in my library on this device. I have previously used this version on both an iPad Air 2 and the iPhone 4, without any problems (in fact, they still work).

I've already tried to do some troubleshooting, including:

- the iPad mini is connected to the internet, has enough space, etc.

- updating my CC information on bn.com

- checking all devices were connected with the same bn account

- uninstalling/re-installing the app itself

- manually syncing my library in the app

- checking the "Everything Else" items (which is the solution that bn's FAQ advises).

Despite all these 'fixes', the device is still only loading the same 5 e-books. One thought I did have though is that bn might be limiting the number of devices you could download their e-books on (like apple does), but nowhere did I see that written on their website. In fact, they do say that you can re-download their e-books any number of times.

I'm open to any suggestions/insights you might have.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.2

Posted on Jun 23, 2015 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2015 11:55 AM

Problem Solved!

After a bit of fiddling, I realized that under the "About" tab in the app's Settings menu, the country was set to "UK" as opposed to US.

The fix: logging out of the app, then choosing "Select Country" at the bottom of the sign-in page and changing it to "United States" before logging in again.

This is a new feature on the app since it was updated I believe (I had never seen it before), and would cause an issue since I made all my purchases from bn.com's US store.

This might not be a common problem for people who reside in the US, but I believe my app auto-selected the UK because I live in Canada.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2015 11:55 AM in response to apierq

Problem Solved!

After a bit of fiddling, I realized that under the "About" tab in the app's Settings menu, the country was set to "UK" as opposed to US.

The fix: logging out of the app, then choosing "Select Country" at the bottom of the sign-in page and changing it to "United States" before logging in again.

This is a new feature on the app since it was updated I believe (I had never seen it before), and would cause an issue since I made all my purchases from bn.com's US store.

This might not be a common problem for people who reside in the US, but I believe my app auto-selected the UK because I live in Canada.

Jun 23, 2015 11:55 AM in response to apierq

There is a limit:

You may also transfer most Digital Content from your NOOK Library to no more than a total of six (6) supported NOOK Devices or NOOK Apps that you own at any one time; however, certain Digital Content, including eTextbooks, may be transferred to no more than a total of two (2) supported NOOK Devices or NOOK Apps at any one time.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/include/nook_store_terms_of_service.asp

May 12, 2016 5:28 AM in response to apierq

NOT SOLVED

I have the exact same problem on my iPad mini 3 bought Feb 2016. Yet my iPad Air 2 which I owned since last year does not have this problem.

I have logged out and back in and chosen the country USA when setting the app up on my ipad mini 3, downloaded all my books successfully and checked the Nook app ABOUT page settings that confirms all is set with USA as country, yet a few days later to a week I check the Nook App about settings and its reset itself to United Kingdom, and I can no longer download new books or update my Nook books on my ipad mini 3.

I've logged out, removed all books content removed the app, deleted it from everywhere and re downloaded the Nook app again new fresh from iTunes, Checked my B&N account making sure USA credit card info is updated, the USA address is correct, then set up the nook app again on my ipad mini 3 this time by signign into my account set up not choosing the country as USA, confirmed through the Nook App ABOUT page setting that it says USA and re downloaded all my ebooks onto my ipad mini 3.

I've taken screen shots of my 5th attempt in the last several months to get the USA setting to stay for more then a week before it changes on its own to UK.

Again today same happened, Yet on my ipad Air 2 all remains as set up over 9 months ago. But not on my ipad mini 3 bought in Feb.2016.

SOMEONE HELP !!! I have written Nook and reported the bug several times in the last months and nothing.

To keep removing the app and contents, and/or logging out and back through country setting or Barnes and Noble sign in, confirming the ABOUT page is set to USA country and re downloaded all the books only to discover days later the app changes the ABOUT setting country to UK is maddening to say the least.

How many more times am I going to put up with this redownloading my books.

You cannot change the country setting back to the USA without logging out and it will not stay on USA.

I live in the USA with a USA Barnes and Noble account, this has happened when I am in the USA and when I am traveling.

So does not matter location. And my ipad Air 2 travels with me too, yet it never changes the country setting after I have successfully set up my nook account app on my ipad Air 2, but does not do the same on my ipad mini 3.

ANYONE ???

Why aren't my nook books showing up on the nook ios app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.